Eyes for Consuela
- First production:
Manhattan Theatre Club at City Center Stage II, New York, February
- Directed by Terry Kinney.
Produced by the Manhattan Theatre
Sets by Santo Loquasto.
Costumes by Walt Spangler.
Lighting by Jennifer Tipton.
Original music by Josue Perez.
Based on the story "The Blue Bouquet" by Octavio Paz
Reviews of Eyes for Consuela
- Brantley, Ben. "Eyes for Consuela." The New
York Times. Feb 11, 1998; v147; pB1.
- Canby, Vincent. "Eyes for Consuela." The New
York Times. Feb 15, 1998; v147; pAR26.
- Kuchwara, Michael. "Without Brevity, Tale Loses its
Edge." The Record,
- Northern New Jersey. Feb 13, 1998.
- Lyman, Rick. "Old hand at Shepard." The New York
Times. Jan 23, 1998; v147; pB2.
- Senior, Jennifer. "Sam Shepard." New York.
Feb 9, 1998; v31, n5, pp.46-47.
- Simon, John. "Eyes for Consuela." New York.
March 2, 1998; v31, n8, pp.51-52.
- Winer, Linda. "Shepard's Surreal Bandito/ 'Eyes' bogs
down in the turf of a
- Tennessee Williams jungle." Newsday. Feb 11,
Back to the bibliography.
Back to the Sam Shepard Web Site.