Problem Number Two
Latin to Phonetic Script
Rewrite the following sentences in phonetic script.
- Sometimes I don't speak to my husband for a week. (I don't want to interrupt him.)
- I bought some powdered water the other day but -- I don't know what to mix with it.
- Vice President Quayle's only regret on his trip to Latin America is that he could not communicate with people better. He was sorry that he had not taken Latin in high school.
- My house is down by the river. If you are ever in the vicinity, drop in.
- I gave up philosophy after flunking my existentialism exam; I was caught looking into the soul of the woman sitting next to me. (Woody Allen)
Actual Notices Taken from Church Bulletins
- This afternoon there will be a baptismal in the south and north ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- Tuesday at four p. m. there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk, please come early.
- On Thursday there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All wishing to become Little Mothers meet with the minister in his study.