Reordering Grade Center Columns
When you add a column to the Grade Center (following
these instructions), Blackboard puts the column at the far right of the spreadsheet. Oftentimes, that's not really where you want it, and so you'll need to change the order of the columns, as follows:
- Log in to Blackboard
(opens in new window), and click on your course among the list of "Courses you are teaching" in the My Courses
section of the opening page. Within that course, go to the Control Panel by clicking on the
icon near the bottom of the left-hand navigation menu.
- In the "Assessment" area of the Control Panel, on the right-hand side of the page, click on the Grade Center link:
- You will see the Grade Center spreadsheet, with the list of students in your course occupying the first column, and with Username, Weighted Total and Total representing three additional columns. There may be other columns in the Gradebook as well, if you've created assignments or tests in Blackboard. To reorder the columns in the Grade Center, move the mouse over the double-arrow at the right side of the Manage button just above the spreadsheet, and click on Organize Grade Center:
- Blackboard will take you to an Organize Grade Column page. The columns that you have added to the Grade Center will appear in the Show in Selected Views only spreadsheet. To reorder one of the columns, click in the hashed gray box at the far left of the row you want to move, hold down the mouse button, and drag the column to its new place in the order. A black bar will indicate where the column will end up:
- If you want to change the order of any of the other columns, you can follow Step 4 above for each column you wish to move.
- When you are finished, click on the button to send your changes to the server. The Grade Center will reload, with the colunms in the order you selected.
May 28, 2008
. Please send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.