In 1955, the Physics Department was moved from East College
to the newly completed Olin Science Building, and the space was
remodeled into administrative offices. In 1960, the entire building
was remodeled, and stair towers were added. It was renamed Trax
Hall for Harland A. Trax, Trust ee from 1937 to 1952. The building
housed 226 men, with additional rooms on the fifth floor to accommodate
visiting athletic teams and other male groups.
The "quadrangle entrance" to the building, which was used in former years, had been where the bay window is located. Stair towers, which had been constructed at both ends of the building, now served as entrances.
This building in other years: 1915
| 1945 | 1985
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1965 Page