In 1954-55, the Taylor Hall was completely renovated. Except
for the outer wall, the main section of the original building
was completely rebuilt, and the Annex and the main building were
connected at all floor levels. The largest room was converted
into an auditorium
as a memorial to S. Dale Spotts, M.D., Class of 1918, who had
died in 1952.
In 1959-60, a large laboratory on the second floor was converted for the use of general biology courses, and the third floor of the Taylor Hall Annex was converted for use as a bacteriology lab. In the summer of 1960, the Annex was repaired, when steel re placed the old wooden columns and the fourth floor was remodeled into classrooms. The building continued to house the offices and classrooms of the Biology Department.
This building in other years: 1895
| 1895 | 1915
| 1945 | 1985
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1965 Page