ooke Chapel
In 1964, construction of Rooke Chapel was completed. The sanctuary seated 500 on the main floor and 250 in the balcony. The south wing provided space for the Chaplain's offices, as well as a Meditation Chapel and reception room. The east facade had an outdoor worship center. The biblical quotation on the eastern side (Micah 6:8) was suggested by Robert L. Rooke, Class of 1913 and Trustee from 1930 to 1975, who contributed $500,000.00 to build the chapel in memory of his parents.
This building in other years: 1985 | Current
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1965 Page