oberts Hall and
Main College
In 1961, rooms in the East and West wings were converted to house thirty-eight additional male students when the University offices moved into the newly constructed Administration Center. The University rented space in the basement of the building to the Federal Reserve Bank. In 1965, a post office for male students living in residence halls was located on the basement floor. Roberts Hall, the central part of the building, contained a large lounge on the first floor, and a lounge, a music room, and game rooms on the second floor; suites for men were located on the third floor. One hundred and firty-seven men lived in Main College and Roberts Hall.
This building in other years: 1865 | 1895 | 1915 | 1945 | 1985 | Current
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1965 Page