In 1950, West College was reconditioned, and in 1959, after
renovations costing $485,658.00, it was named Rush H. Kress Hall
and housed 209 freshman men. Rush Kress, Class of 1900, was a
Trustee from 1919 to 1933 and from 1941 to 1946. He died on March
2 2, 1963.
Note the addition of the stair tower ( to the left in the photograph, with the open door ). This now became the main entrance to the building. The "quadrangle entrance" of former years had been where the bay window is located ( to the right in the photograph ).
This building in other years: 1915
| 1945 | 1985
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1965 Page