In 1951, after Bertrand Library was completed, the Carnegie
Building was remodeled to provide space for the Alumni Association
offices, the Placement Office, and the Student Bookstore. The
University's switchboard was also located here. In 1958, the
Counseling Services moved into the building.
In 1960, the second and third floors were renovated at a cost
of $72,242.75, creating eight offices and a lounge. The Alumni
Office moved to the Administration Building, and Counseling Services
moved to the Botany Building. By 1961, WVBU had moved to the
basement of the building. In 1961-62, the Geology and Geography
Department moved from the Botany Building into remodeled second-floor
classrooms and laboratories.
Thus, in 1965 this former library building contained the Student Bookstore, the campu s telephone switchboard, a lounge, and various offices on the first floor; the offices and laboratories of the Department of Geology and Geography were located on the second floor; and small rooms used for job interviews under the auspices of the Placement Office were located on the third floor.
This building in other years: 1945
| 1945 | 1985
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1965 Page