In January 1915, the Foundry, which was located on the east side of Brown Street across the railroad tracks from the Physical Laboratory, was completed and ready for operation. The Foundry was used by students in the Mechanical Engineering curriculum for molding and casting metals. The cost of the Foundry was $1,903.82, which included filling the lot. The building had a brass furnace and a cupola and was supplied with both heat and light.

The major source for the information on this page is the Minutes of the Board of Trustees of Bucknell University, 1882-1920 (BT '82-'20).

This building in other years:
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1915 Page