The original College Inn building was the first wooden structure on the
Hill. It was built by Guy Payne ('09) in 1908 on the west
end of property rented from Dr. George G. Groff. Mr. Payne completed his
last course and graduated in 1915.|
In 1915, the original structure was replaced by a brick building in which Guy prepared and served food to college stucents. In an agreement with President Harris, the profits from the sale of tobacco, about $500 yearly, were given to the University. At one point, the University bookstore was associated with the College Inn.
This building in other years:
Back to the Bucknell History Page | Back to the 1915 Page